It’s that time of year again: the annual spring People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture (POCA) membership drive. Here at Providence Community Acupuncture (PCA), we are proud members of POCA, a cooperative of patients, clinics like us, acupunks and allied organizations committed to working together to make acupuncture accessible and affordable to as many people as possible.
There are SO many benefits to becoming a POCA member (see a full list below), but for those of you who like instant gratification (and who doesn’t, really), we are offering $10 treatments for POCA members all month long in May.
Patient and community memberships are $25 to $100 sliding scale, which more than pays for itself in benefits. All membership dues help fund POCA Tech, a new school training community acupuncturists to spread affordable acupuncture, and microloans for clinics in underserved areas.
Sign up for a membership online https://www.pocacoop.com/join-page
Last year, 51 of you signed up or renewed your membership. This year, we are trying to sign up 55 new or renewing members to help grow access to acupuncture across the country and the world.
We encourage you to sign up yourself online, but Pete will be available in the waiting area Wednesdays 10-12pm and Fridays 12-2pm starting May 10 to assist with your sign up if you need a hand.
So, why should you join POCA?
1) We need you because YOU are the community in community acupuncture.
2) Participate in the quietest revolution and spread the calm and healing all around us.
3) Create community acupuncture clinics in parts of the country that desperately need them.
4) To keep acupuncture affordable here in Rhode Island and around the country.
5) Have your new patient paperwork fee waived at any POCA clinic.
6) Get three “1st Treatment Free” cards to share with friends and family to use at any POCA clinic
7) Get a free birthday treatment every year.
8) $10 treatments at PCA at certain times every year. In 2017, we will be offering $10 treatments to POCA members during May and December.
9) Find volunteer opportunities in our clinic and within the larger organization.
10) Help provide a working model for sustainable, ethical, and affordable healthcare practice.
So join POCA today, take immediate advantage of our May special of $10 treatments for POCA members, and help spread affordable acupuncture far and wide!